Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ok, so apparently getting bored of blogging came first. Though I must say, to my credit, that it didn't make things easier that upon resigning from my position, I also had to surrender my beloved laptop given to me by my employer.

I am now at the mercy of the traveling business laptop of my Hubby, which spends most of it's night forgotten on his desk at the office.

Since leaving my professiosnal position, however, I have found my position as a mommy increasingly rewarding. I have also deemed my self a domestic engineer, who's job description includes;

Head Chef (and ocasional short oreder cook)
seamstress
coach
music teacher
chauffeur
councilor
speech teacher
nurse (aka booboo bandager)
and so many other things I cannot think of at the moment

Long story short I cannot believe that for so long I bought into the lie that a stay at home mom is not a real job. Not only is it a very chalengeng, often draining, on call 24 hour/day job, it is also one of the most important jobs a woman can ever be blessed with.

So Hip, hip Horay to those of you who are in the business of moming. No one can ever do what you do, as you are your kiddo's one and only true Mommy!

It's also nice to know I cannot not be fired or layed off (even if my quarterly performance review ranks lower than ideal).

No comments:

Post a Comment